Thursday, October 21, 2010

Loss leaves a hole that will never heal. Love leaves memories no one can steal.

When I made the decision to blog it was with the understanding that I wasn't going to include personal things. The only things going on my blog would be about my writing, yes sir! It was my own personal preference. Today, I changed my mind. What follows is very personal, but it also has a lot to do with my writing.

What most of you don't know is that I have a writing partner...had a writing partner. Her name was Acorn Kitty and yesterday she lost her battle with cancer.  For fourteen years she was a faithful loving friend and constant companion during long nights at the computer.  No design piece or story was ever completed without her approval. I had planned on taking off work most of November in order to complete NaNoWriMo. One of the things I was most looking forward to was cranking out my first novel with Acorn laying next to the keyboard. She was my "little one" and she was a great one. Acorn won't be knocking around or inspiring ideas with me anymore, but she will nonetheless remain the inspiration for the next step of my journey. You never failed me little girl and I promise I won't fail you.


Acorn Kitty (October 1996-October 2010)

Fourteen years ago a little scrap of a malnourished cat, covered in motor oil, walked inside the back door while groceries were being carried in. She walked right up to a 50lbs dog and pushed it away from its food bowl. After that she pushed the 20lbs cat away from its food bowl too. Once she had her fill she made herself to home and was one of the best friends you could have ever wanted. She was always there for us and today we were there for her. Go in peace Acorn Kitty.  We will miss you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment