Monday, November 1, 2010

And Now A Taste of Things To Come...

MORTAL KOMBAT! Those of you who are the Sega Generation should totally understand the title. For Non-Segas you think I misspelled Kombat...I assure you I didn't. Today begins NaNoWriMo and it's time to let the slaughter of my fellow competitors begin.  You want to challenge me to a word war? Bring it! The only thing that motivates me more than a deadline is a challenge.  Please feel free to buddy me on the forums so we can support each other.  My username is JoeTheUndead.

I had a lot of fun the last few weeks going to dinner, weddings, shopping, writer meetings, and finally getting my porch fixed. (Thanks Concrete Guys!)Frequently during the course of coversations at these events I was asked how I could write about so many horrible things. One person even asked how I would know how all the different screams sound that I write about. Well it's simple...I have people chained to the ceiling in my garage and I experiment.

I tried keeping them in the basement but the return air vent is down there and chained up people are smelly people. Take my word for it, it is much easier to spray people off with a hose in the garage where you have a drain in the floor. It also makes loading them in cars easier too. Have you ever carried dead weight up stairs? It's a nightmare. Now don't start thinking you misjudged me. I am the same nice guy you thought I was a couple of paragraphs up...just like every other person you hear a neighbor talking about on the news. : )

Good luck to all my fellow competitors in NaNoLand! I can't wait to see what we all accomplish.
JOE

Current Global Word Count for NaNoWriMo 2010: 807,942

3 comments:

  1. There's a drain in your basement, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeewwwww!!! If I didn't already know you, before I learned what genre you write....I think I'd be too skeeered to be your friend! :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the note about 807,000 words and thought that was YOUR word count. I almost pooped in my pants!

    ReplyDelete